Search This Blog

Monday, August 30, 2010

it's not Eggplant Mozzarella......

I enjoy lazy, relaxing Sunday's. I just rarely get to have them. I had a baby shower to attend and so of course my first thought was "what are we going to have for dinner"

I don't know about everyone else but I rarely eat at showers. I'm not exactly sure why, somehow I always look forward to coming home to a good meal. This Sunday, eggplant parm was on my mind.

After our usual Sunday morning trip to the vegetable stand and Fairway we got cracking in the kitchen. In our home the eggplant must be peeled because if it's not, Charlie won't eat it. I can't say I blame him because eggplant skin can be pretty unpleasant. The eggplant must be breaded and fried as well. We're pretty healthy eaters and have tried grilling it, but really what's the point? It's eggplant PARM, some things you just can't mess with.

One question, how many of you actually add the Parm to your eggplant parm?? You had better believe that I do and plenty of it!

Peel, slice, egg wash, bread crumbs, fry, drain.....repeat. All the components prepared and ready for assembly in the evening.

I loved walking into my home and smelling a delicious meal ready to be eaten. Fixed a quick salad and poured some wine and devoured it!

Thank you Charlie and his reluctant sous! QueenFoodie is one happy Mom!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment