Search This Blog

Monday, August 23, 2010

Brisket.....Meatballs

I enjoyed some of my favorite things this weekend. I wasn't concerned for a second about calories, it was all about self-indulgence.

Pizza on a Friday night is a must and I always enjoy it. Seems a shame to leave that last lonely slice in the pizza box. So I don't...and its sooo good.

Blue Smoke has such delicious brisket. A mix of lean and marbled meat is the way to go. Their sesame slaw and sweet potato fries are nice sides. Who knew Prosecco paired so nicely with BBQ?? I'm still wondering why anyone would want deviled eggs at a BBQ joint. Fried green tomatoes I understand, but deviled eggs???

A rainy Sunday equals pasta in my opinion. Well, ANY Sunday equals pasta in our home. This Sunday was no exception. Smoked Mozzerella Stuffed Meatballs with Gemelli and a dollop (a huge dollop) of ricotta. The Barolo went down really well. There was a nice arugula and tomato salad with my homemade balsamic dressing, it never made it into my plate....

By the way, I couldn't resist, the meatball was calling to me at about 10pm. I'm weak.....so I answered it's call.....

1 comment:

  1. OK.. I'm hungry now.. lol.. What's for lunch?

    ReplyDelete