Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Tacos Matamoros





Pollo (Chicken), Enchilada (Spicy Pork), Suadero (Brisket), 
Pastor (Roast Pork) and Chorizo (Sausage)
I read a little article listing a few New York taco spots that were worth the trip and noticed one that was "on my way home" so of course I had to plan a visit.  As my luck would have it, that very day, Charlie was working in the area of this one restaurant that caught my eye and he wanted tacos for lunch. So I get a phone call that went something like this:  
Charlie: "Hey Babe do you still have yesterday's paper"?
QF:  Sure do!
Charlie:  There was an article about taco places...one of them was in Sunset Park.
QF: Oh no, you ARE NOT going there without me...
Charlie: C'mon, there's nothing to eat out here.  I'm hungry!
QF: Fine! Tacos Matamoros 4508 5th Ave, but were stopping there on the way home today, I want to try them too!
 
Quiting time was slow to come but when it finally did I made sure we made a beeline there.  I had to hear all day about how delicious the tacos were.  Taco BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!! Show me the TACO so I can rave about them too!! His rationale for going there without me is that he considers himself "The Queen's Official Food Taster."  YEAH OK, I'm sure it's a great sacrifice on his part, however, I am grateful because he has a very good palate. 
 
These tacos come in two different sizes Pequeno (small $1.25 - $1.75) and Grande (large $2.25 - $2.50).  Perfect because I wanted to try as many varieties as I could in one visit.  My selection is pictured above (Chicken, Enchilada, Suadero, Pastor and Chorizo).
When I was done adding radishes and sauces this is is what we feasted on:
 
Did we ever enjoy them! We didn't even need that second layer of soft taco, each one was gone in two bites!  They were all very tasty and fresh but if I had to choose my favorite it would be the Enchilada. Super flavor, balanced spice and simply tasty.  
 
I'm glad we tried Tacos Matamoros back in September, Pre-Zagat.  This photo was taken on Saturday 10/9/2010, sadly, Tacos Matamoros has been invaded, the secret is OUT!  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment