Search This Blog

Friday, September 24, 2010

Lady Lobster Roll

I was wandering around Park Slope early one afternoon, just wasting time.  I love to walk but usually get in trouble because there are so many great food options.  Just about every street offers some kind of food temptation.  Sure enough I happened upon the chalkboard outside of TEN and a little something caught my eye. The Lady Lobster Roll.  A tempura lobster tail with avocado, wrapped in sushi rice and PINK rice paper then garnished with red and green tobiko....sigh. Pretty isn't she?       


                                                    

Here I am going on about how captivating this roll was and have said nothing about the taste.  The lobster was moist and and slightly warm inside the protective cocoon of the tempura and had good crunch.  The coolness of the avocado and pop of the tobiko was a perfect combination.  The only thing I didn't care for was the orange drizzle.  Soy sauce and wasabi would've been enough for me.  It was kind of like they were trying to give a Pretty Lady a fancy hat.  She didn't need it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment